Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A new year

A new year brings more new art. Woo. I'm starting to run out of ideas for drawings. I'm getting ready to start an art trade with a friend so hopefully that'll spark some new ideas.

I know I need more ideas to draw but it's really getting difficult. I guess I s
hould start sketching up some anatomy. I just feel like my sketchbook is still really empty and that everything in it thusfar, is not quality work.

Due to the fact that I've been using a tablet for so long, I feel as though I draw far too small for such a large surface area. I've noticed that it really does kill your ability to fill up a huge amount of space. Not really sure how to combat that but I guess I'll figure it out in time. As for the sketch to the left, it's just another random face sketch. Woo. I took the original and basically give it more depth for a more dramatic feel. Yay.

I also decided to give perspective a try again. Needless to say, I failed miserably. I haven't really attempted since my senior year of highschool, oh so long ago. I guess that would explain why I'm so fucking horrible at it.

Oh well. ENJOY THIS FAILVETTE.

I guess if I keep at it, I'll eventually get the hang of it. I'll be attempting again at a later time to see if I can manage to do something worthy. Anywho, I'm tired and it's been a long day so...

Dita: over and out.

/entry

No comments:

Post a Comment